Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Aspects Of Tantra

Aspects Of Tantra Cover

Book: Aspects Of Tantra by Phil Hine

Aspects of Tantra Five essays exploring modern Tantra by Phil Hine. Mention Tantra to most people, and they will invariably think of sex-magic. Only the other day I was chatting over the phone to a friend in America, and happened to mention that I was currently involved with a Tantric magic study group. My friend became very animated, and in tones of some envy said that he’d always wanted to find a group where people were willing to do Tantric magic with each other. It was at this point that an alarm bell began to ring in my head. “Look,” I said, “I mean Tantric magic, not group sex.” “Oh,” my friend replied, “I wasn’t aware that there was anything more to Tantra than group sex.” Now this kind of reaction isn’t untypical, even among otherwise experienced occultists. Over the last few years, whenever I’ve mentioned my interest in Tantra, I’ve often watched people’s mental gears grinding away as they visualise contorted sexual postures and perhaps, unusual combinations. To think of Tantra only in terms of sexual rites is a gross oversimplification. In fact, Tantrism is a complete magical system in itself, incorporating a wide variety of magical methods and metaphysics.

Download Phil Hine's eBook: Aspects Of Tantra

Keywords: pictish tradition witchcraft  mystical qabbalah  arcane schools  zoroastrian faith  shambhala sufism  india lord  secret anthropogenesis  oven ready  aemeth truth french  aldous rose  witchcraft lyrics pendulum  public rosacruz version