Friday, May 28, 2010

Sikh Beliefs

Sikh Beliefs Cover 1. I believe in God as the sovereign One, the omnipotent, immortal and personal Creator, a being beyond time, who is called Sat Nam, for His name is Truth.
2. I believe that man grows spiritually by living truthfully, serving selflessly and by repetition of the Holy Name and Guru Nanak's Prayer, Japaji.
3. I believe that salvation lies in Understanding the divine Truth and that man's surest path lies in faith, love, purity and devotion.
4. I believe in the scriptural and ethical authority of the Adi Granth as God's revelation.
5. I believe that to know God the guru is Essential as the guide who, himself absorbed in love of the Real, is able to awaken the soul to its true, divine nature.
6. I believe in the line of ten gurus: Guru Nanak, Guru Angad, Guru Amardas, Guru Ram Das, Guru Arjun, Guru Har Govind, Guru Har Rai, Guru Har Krishnan, Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Govind Singh -- all these are my teachers.
7. I believe that the world is maya, a vain and transitory illusion; only God is true as all else passes away.
8. I believe in adopting the last name "Singh," meaning "lion" and signifying courage, and in the five symbols: 1) white dress (purity), 2) sword (bravery), 3) iron bracelet (morality), 4) uncut hair and beard (renunciation), and 5) comb (cleanliness).
9. I believe in the Natural path and stand opposed to fasting, pilgrimage, caste, idolatry, celibacy and asceticism.

Free eBooks (Can Be Downloaded):

Pansophic Freemasons - Masonic Symbolism
Dion Fortune - Psychic Self Defense
Reeves Hall - Asatru In Brief
Tuesday Lobsang Rampa - Three Lives
Tuesday Lobsang Rampa - I Believe